Here we go.

23 January 2014

+ + +

I love the current pace we've got going. We don't have much planned, it's c-c-c-cold outside, I spend hazy, lazy evenings watching hockey, reading + listening to music.  On weekends, I cook + bake.  We have friends over for supper. Conducting 'business' from bed under a pile of blankets and clothes that I am too lazy to put away happens.  January.

Yesterday evening, I dimmed the lights, lit some candles, a bit of incense, + rolled out the mats. ATM + I did a half-hour guided meditation.  Taking time out for yourself is hard.  Whenever I get reminded that I am allowed to treat myself right, it makes me misty eyed sometimes.  I forget that.  Anyway, it went well + we're hoping to work it into our schedule.  Once or twice a week maybe. You feel like a million bucks afterward, you know?  You do have to kick the cats out, though. 

Day before yesterday, I got an Egyptian paste locust in the mail from a woman I do not know except on social media. We have friends in common + now we are kinda pals.  When ATM + I were in Colorado last year, she was in the same area!  It was fun to "see" her around town in Cortez.  Her name is Jennifer + she lives in Chicago.  I'm excited at the prospect of assembling her a little package.  I love mail!
 photo 65A561FE-E9FF-4766-9D8C-D42F092E0349_zpsvdg7behd.jpg

 photo 8CD5EB40-FEF9-46E6-A5A9-D81426656361_zpskqsdfydq.jpg


Cooking projects for the weekend: start another batch of tofu misozuke + bake treats for Tết. 

No comments:

Blog Archive